Witcombe & Bentham Village Hall
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get into the hall?
- A few days before your booking you will be sent the key code for the key box which is in the porch. The key will be in the box 30 minutes before your booked session. Please ensure you lock all doors and windows and return key to the key box – mix up numbers before leaving.
- What size and how many tables are there at the village hall?
- Large Tables – 71 x 27 inches – 14 tables (seat 8 people)
- Medium Tables – 48 x 27 inches – 6 tables (seat 6 people)
- Small talbes – 36 x 27 inches – 4 tables (seat 4 people)
- All tables are 27.5 inches high.
(Photos on website)
- What type of chairs and how many are there at the village hall?
- 50 – banqueting chairs with seat and back cushioning
- 63 – chairs (on stage)
- 49 – fold down chairs (on trolleys)
(Photos on website)
- Is there a minimum time that the hall can be hired for?
- No, but the minimum charge is £40 with a £40 deposit for a one off booking.
- Are BBQ’s allowed the village hall?
- Yes, if they are supervised at all times and outside in the car park. It must be supervised at all times.
- Can I put decorations up at the village hall?
- A. Yes but! decorations can NOT be attached to the walls of the village hall. Decorations can be hung from the hooks that are in the corners, and sides of the hall. See photograph?
Please DO NOT use blue (or white) tack or any tapes on the walls and paint work.
- Can I provide my own soft drinks at the village hall?
- Yes, please ensure empty bottles are put in the outside blue recycling bin.
- Can I provide my own alcoholic drinks at the village hall?
- A. No, we have a bar which can be hired for a minimum of 2 hours.
(For wedding bookings we can arrange‘corkage’ charge if you want to provide your own wedding toast.)
- Is there a sound system at the village hall?
- Yes, we have a full PA system, as well as a hearing loop.
- Can I extend my booking past 11pm to clear up after my event?
- Hall hire for an evening booking is until 12 midnight, to allow your event to finish at 11pm and be cleared up and out by midnight.
Music and the bar must stop at 11pm and the hall carpark must be cleared by midnight as the hall is in a residential area.
- Can I put up a gazebo in the carpark
- Yes, but the carpark / playground is a public area so we can’t stop the public using the field. The gazebo would need to be secured and supervised. The hall insurance does not cover any such structures or the use of them.
- What drinks are served from the bar at the village hall?
- The bar stocks, larger, cider, wine, beers, commonly requested spirits and soft drinks. It is NOT a fully stocked commercial bar.
- How much do drinks cost from the bar at the village hall?
- A copy of the current bar price list can be provided on request.
- Is there WiFi in the village hall?
- A. YES, this is used at your own discretion and that of the Responsible Hirer of your event.
- Is there a screen and that I could use for a presentation?
- A. Yes, we have a ceiling mounted projector and screen. On booking please let us know you would like to use it to ensure instruction on use can be undertaken.
- Can I have a band and or disco in the village hall?
- YES. Please note the village hall is in a residential area and all music must stop at 11pm.
- Can I hold a 18th or 21st Birthday Party in the village Hall?
- NO, due to previous issues we will not accept bookings for 18th through to 21st Birthday Parties.
- Can I have a bouncy castle outside the village hall?
- NO, We no longer accept bookings for the use of bouncy castles either inside or outside the village hall.
- Can I hire soft play equipment for my child’s party at the village hall?
- Yes but NOT inflatables, you will need to arrange any insurance as appropriate. The hall insurance will NOT cover your event.
- Can I have fireworks?
- NO, the village hall is in a residential area and surrounded by farm land with crops and animals.
- Are dogs allowed in the village hall?
- ONLY assistance dogs.
- How many carparking spaces are there at the village hall?
- The carpark holds 40-50 cars, it may be worth you allocating someone to help people park sensibly to ensure maximum cars. DO NOT park in the residential road and ensure the entrance is left clear of emergency vehicles to access if required.
- Do I get time before and after my booking to set up and tidy up the village hall?
- The session you have booked includes set up and tidy up time, if you need any additional time this can be arranged at an additional £10/hour.
- Is there a dishwasher?
- Yes, we have a commercial dishwasher which has a 2 minute wash cycle, it does NOT dry but tea towels are in the kitchen.
It MUST be emptied and shut down as per the instructions on the wall in front of the dishwasher.
- Can I hire outside caterers to use the kitchen in the village hall at my event?
- Yes, you are responsible for the Health & Safety of food hygiene at your event. It is your responsibility to ensure you check any outside Caterer you bring in has their own insurance and health & hygiene certification.
- Can Vap cigarettes be used in the hall?
- No the hall is no smoking of any type.
- What is the village hall bank details?
- Lloyds Bank
6/7, The Parade, Court Rd, Brockworth, Gloucester GL3 4EW
Sort Code: 30-93-48
Account number: 77533268
Cheques made payable to : The Witcombe & Bentham Village Hall
Please ensure any payments reference the name of the booking and/or event date.